Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday, Super Bowl, and Sick Kid

What is it about the mere mention of the possibility of snow which makes one yearn for a day off, even though it's Sunday and the weekend is winding down? Super Bowl in the background, my son's been sick since the wee hours of the morning and I've been staying close in case he needed me. Just finished listening to the first section of Learning 2.0 - a few thoughts.

I have always seen myself as a student and a teacher, be it formally or informally. I have been blessed by the example set by my father who welcomed every day with its challenges and my sister who meets challenges head on and runs with them. Every day brings new experiences, new opportunities to learn, often from your own children or students. Being naturally curious and stubborn, I hope that I will soon be as comfortable with Web 2.0 as digital natives.

There was one statement that really rang true for me, more so than others. #4,being confident, encourages us to "Don't say it or think it unless you want it to be true." This, I feel, is very true if one is to achieve one's goal!

1 comment:

  1. It is great to be inspired by others to keep moving ahead! You will probably be that to others as well in your own turn....

    ReplyDelete